Buying Your Dream Home!
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT BUYING YOUR DREAM HOME
Your understanding of the process for buying your dream home is our up-most concern and it is essential that we ask questions to understand your needs, wants, and ability to purchase.
We will assist you in selecting homes for viewing in depending on your needs and wants. Please feel free to inspect all aspects of a home during the showing and make notes regarding each home.
Feedback is important! Comments help us understand what you’re looking for and should result in finding the perfect home!
Prior to writing the offer, we will go over the entire offer line by line. We will discuss important topics including earnest money, inspections, testing, home sale contingency, financing contingency, radon, lead based paint, home warranty, and many other items. Once we write an offer, we will contact the listing agent and forward the offer who will present the offer to the sellers.
The sellers will do one of the following:
- Accept the offer
- Reject the offer
- Write a counter offer (Should a counter offer be written, we will then discuss whether it is in your best interest to accept, reject, or counter back.)
- We will notify you once the offer is accepted.
It is imperative you apply for a loan immediately after your offer is accepted. We can recommend many lenders to contact.
In order to expedite the process, have all your bank and credit card numbers available for your lender. We will communicate with the lender throughout the process to be be sure things are progressing.
PRIOR TO CLOSING
- Upon loan approval, date, time and place will be scheduled, as agreed upon in the offer.
- Transferred utilities to your name as of the date of closing. Notify the post office of the address change.
- We will schedule a final walk through of the property to ensure the property in in the required condition.
- The lender will require you obtain homeowner’s insurance and have a binder and paid receipt at closing.
- Obtain a certified check for the amount needed to be paid at close. The lender will make you aware of this amount.
- We will attend your closing to represent you to make sure we have a successful closing.
- We hand you your new keys.
- You write a testimonial for us telling the world how awesome we are!